Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hallmark moments

So I went to Hallmark today because a certain someone I know loves getting cards in the mail. We'll keep that person secret, so the cards will still be a surprise. Anyway, as I was looking through the cards, I realized that there's more than just the typical birthday, get-well-soon, anniversary and thank you cards. Hallmark has little sections of cards labeled "Cards for unique needs" and here are some of the cards they offer...

• birthday cards in Spanish, Russian, Finnish, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese, French, Hebrew, Greek, Italian, German, Norwegian, Polish & Braille
• Belated Sympathy
• Braille Sympathy (I'm sorry you lost your vision?)
• Recovery Anniversary
• Miscarriage
• Divorce Announcement
• Weight Loss Encouragement
• God Bless Your New House
• Potty-Trained Kids
• New Christian
• Entering U.S. Coast Guard
• Loss of Tooth
• Drivers License
• New Dog
• Coming Out

Crazy!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

A weight loss encouragement card is NEVER appropriate! I wonder who that card-loving person is. Did you know I like cards too? What a coincidence! :)

ConorGlassey said...

I'll have to go back and get you some. These are all for Horia...

Janie said...

I like the coming out cards! Charlie went to get his ears pierced and the guy said that he likes to pierce the right ear first, because even if it hurts so bad, they have to pierce the left ear. After he pierced Charlie's right ear, Charlie said, "stop, that's good" The guys said, "Is that your way of coming out of the closet?" Charlie said, "you have to be creative" I am happy to say he has since taken out the earrings! You go Conor, great work!

kabeaner said...

Max will be expecting a Potty Training card soon. He starts sometime after we get back from the cabin!