Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ranking NOFX Albums

I was talking to my friend Matt today about the new NOFX CD and how much I like it. We were talking about how it compared to their other albums, so I decided to rank them, starting with my least favorite (though I like all listed here, obviously) and going down to my favorite. NOFX has been a band for almost 30 years and they're still putting out awesome, important music. They're definitely one of my favorites and it makes me proud and happy that my friends and I still listen the same stuff that bonded us in junior high.

So, here's my order, with the caveat that I only focused on post-S&M Airlines full-lengths (because, let's get serious, who likes Maximum Rocknroll, Liberal Animation or S&M Airlines?). I also thought it would get too hairy to try and rank EPs (though The Decline would be No. 1), live CDs and B-Side compilations.

Here they are with Haiku reviews...

9) Ribbed
Silliness begins
You can hear the potential
Just a bit too raw

8) Wolves In Wolves Clothing
Big disappointment
I still have the CD, but...
Erased from iTunes

7) White Trash, Two Heebs & A Bean
Hefe's first full-length
Guitars still sound too '80s
Getting close to greatness

6) Heavy Petting Zoo
Too slow, kinda meh
The cover grossed out my dad
Songs you don't hear live

This is where it gets really tough for me....

5) Pump Up The Valuum
Lots of great songs here
Don't be fooled by the low rank...
I still love this disc

4) So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes
Sixteen diverse songs
In just 32 minutes
Mike's bass never better

3) Coaster
25 years strong
They're just as good as ever
Could be number two

2) The War On Errorism
Really good balance
Angry, but still funny too
Cheryl loves this one

1) Punk In Drublic
Ahh, my first real love
Takes me back to junior high
Good times, Oi! Oi! Oi!

1 comment:

Mister McG said...

well done sir. Our rankings are very similar. I love nofx.