Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bull Durham & soul food

First, I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that while I was driving around Durham, I came across the old baseball stadium where the Bulls used to play and where Bull Durham was filmed. Not much to look at now, as it's under construction. It's going to be used as an amateur baseball training complex and as the home field for the North Carolina Central University Eagles. That didn't stop me from taking a picture though...



Next, a buddy and I went to Mama Dip's for lunch today to cross off one of the restaurants on my list. He's new to the area as well, but has already been there multiple times. There was a 15 minute wait to get a table, but it was well worth it—the food was phenomenal! We started off with some sweet potato biscuits and then I ordered the chicken & dumplings, with sides of collard greens and yams. Of course I washed it all down with some sweet tea. I'll definitely be heading back there again before my time here is up.

No comments: