Friday, December 5, 2008

This 'n That

Work Update
Work has been really awesome lately. I've been super busy the last two days, calling every MLB front office to pass along information about Baseball America's ninth-annual Awards Gala that will take place during the Winter Meetings next week. On top of that, I've been doing a lot of research for a college insert that will be in the next issue and I have two articles in the double issue coming out soon with Nick Adenhart on the cover. Here's a link to one of them about baseball trying to get back into the 2016 Olympics. I got to talk to Curtis Granderson for that one, which was sweet. I also played a great prank at work today that was talked about all day and I made plans to go disc golfing with a co-worker on Saturday and plans to hit up Mama Dip's with another co-worker on Sunday, so the weekend should be good too!

Goodbye
Goodbye walking around naked.
Goodbye leaving clothes in the dryer.
Goodbye neglecting the dishes until I'm eating cereal out of Tupperware.
Goodbye blasting music at 3 in the morning.
Goodbye crapping with the door open.
Goodbye always choosing what to watch on TV and having the best seat.
I'm getting a new roommate in five hours.

Clark Griswold would be ashamed...
My street is pretty festive. Of the 25 or so houses on my street, I would say that 10-12 have Christmas lights up and they look nice. There's one house, however, that really should have spent a little more time with their Christmas lights. This photo doesn't really do it justice, but I think an apt analogy would be, Conor : wrapping Christmas presents :: these people : putting up Christmas lights. See for yourself...



Los Campesinos!
The other day I was watching TV and saw an ad for eMusic that offered 35 free, no-strings-attached downloads. So, I checked it out and, on a whim, took a chance on a band called Los Campesinos! Despite the Spanish name (which apparently translates into The Farmers or The Peasants), they're a seven-piece indie-pop band from Wales. The album is pure gold and I'm in love with it. I just got it late Wednesday night and I've already listened to it about seven times. I found out they'll be playing here in January and I'm pumped. Here's a YouTube clip (just audio), if you want to hear for yourself. Enjoy!

No comments: