Thursday, December 4, 2008

Shelby & Twitch

I'm taking care of a co-worker's pets for the weekend. He and his girlfriend have a rabbit named Twitch and a little box turtle named Shelby. Twitch is easy. All I have to do is shake the poop of of his/her towel, fill up the food dish, put in a handful of hay and feed it a yogurt treat. It's really cute and really soft, but also really fast and Ali told me, "Don't let it out because you'll have a really hard time trying to catch it." While I know that would make for a great blog entry, I'm not risking it...



Shelby, on the other hand, is a little more difficult. I have to make sure its dirt is all even and then spray water all throughout the tank to maintain a damp atmosphere. Also, I think it's a baby turtle because it's really small and I have to...get this...hand feed it earthworms. Not even full earth worms, either. I have to chop an earthworm into thirds and hold the little pieces in front of Shelby's face until it feels like eating. You better like this picture because I think I got worm blood on my phone...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I think it's spelled "Shellby."

:)