Wednesday, November 12, 2008

2 Funny Photos & 2 Funny Stories

The other day I was eating some Cheetos and one fell on the floor. I picked it up and set it on a piece of paper that was on my coffee table. The next day, I came home from work, sat down and went "Eeeewwww!" Check out what happened to the piece of paper...

That's not a shadow, that's grease. I didn't need to see that.

Next up is a picture of the fridge at work. We may not always agree on baseball prospects, but we all agree that there is no need for a legitimate lunch bag when you have old grocery bags lying around your house...

Now, two quick funny stories (hopefully these aren't had-to-be-there stories)

1) A work buddy asked me today if I wanted to go to Starbucks after lunch, which was a no-brainer. He happens to be writing the Mariners chapter for the Prospect Handbook, so we started talking Mariners baseball on the way to his car. When we got in, he was listening to a Pearl Jam bootleg from 1994. So, here we are, talking about the Mariners, listening to Pearl Jam and driving to Starbucks. Too funny!

2) After work I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few necessities. One thing I needed was deodorant. Instead of going with my usual Old Spice (Fresh or Swagger), I decided to see what else was out there. It's not that I don't like Old Spice anymore, it's just that I was in the mood for something different. So, here I am, sniffing different deodorants when a grocery store employee turns the corner and says, "You know, you wouldn't want to buy those if everyone did that." I laughed before realizing she wasn't kidding. "What, am I not supposed to sniff them?" I asked. "Well, no, but whatever...you're already doing it. I'm just saying that you wouldn't want to buy those if everyone did that." She replied. "Yeah I would because I already know that everyone already does this." I said as she walked away. I laughed to myself because I felt like Larry David. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into a good stare down...

As a house update, a guy came by tonight to check out the open room and he seemed really nice. I'll obviously keep you posted...

3 comments:

mernando fonterey said...

you're gettin sassy in old age. a stare down would have been awesome

Kelly Keeton said...

put a handful of cheeto puffs into the toilet before you go to bed

ConorGlassey said...

Oh yeah, you told me about that. I'll try it...