Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cooking Update

Despite being somewhat under the weather, I came home from work today motivated. I did the dishes, but then something weird happened. Instead of having cereals or leftovers for dinner, I decided to go all out and try to cook make a chicken fajita burrito. With an assist from my mom, who assured me it was okay to grill vegetables and chicken in the same pan, I began my quest.

I chopped up the vegetables (green bell peppers and an onion) and defrosted the chicken breasts. After that, I cut the chicken breasts in to strips. Is there anything more disgusting than raw chicken? I grilled the chicken and when it was all cooked, I added some water, the vegetables (including some corn) and the fajita powder. After the veggies cooked, I added the mix to a warm tortilla with some shredded cheese and sour cream and I have to say it's probably the best thing I've ever made for myself. Granted, it doesn't have a lot of competition...maybe a good steak? S'mores?

And, get this, after dinner I even cleaned up my mess and put my leftovers in the 'fridge. My husband rating is going way up!

1 comment:

mernando fonterey said...

put the word out for keeptrackoflaco.blogspot.com