Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cheryl's last visit

I've been lazy on the blogging lately, but I had an awesome long weekend with Cheryl last week. Cheryl couldn't get a flight out on Friday night, so she toughed it out and hopped on a 6 a.m. flight on Saturday morning. She got in at about 4:30 and we hung out for a bit before heading to P.F. Chang's for a nice Valentine's Day dinner. After that, we came home and had a relaxing evening of cribbage and movies.

On Sunday, we met a friend and his girlfriend for lunch at Mama Dip's, which was awesome. For the drive out to Chapel Hill, I downloaded the new Lonely Island CD, which is awesome. After lunch, we headed to Frankie's Fun Park for some mini golf. I won't lie...Cheryl schooled me (48 to 54).

Here she is after shooting a hole-in-one...

The place also had some nasty, fake blue water...


After that, Cheryl and I headed home to nap and chill. That night, we went to dinner at Jason's Deli and then just chilled some more—watching the season 14 premiere of The Amazing Race and then the new shows on MTV. I rubbed Cheryl's feet for an entire HALF HOUR for losing at mini golf!

The best part about Cheryl's trip out is that is was for more than just a weekend! She lined up the trip with her school's mid-winter break, so she was able to stay until Wednesday morning. I was able to take Monday off because it was President's Day, which was great. Cheryl and I slept in and then headed over to Sutton's Drug Store in Chapel Hill. That place is awesome. You step in and you kind of feel like you're going back in time to the '50s. On Monday afternoon, we looked at some available houses and condos online. There are some really cute ones, but here's a tip for home sellers. If the best picture you have of your backyard "pool" looks like this, just skip the picture...


I had to go to work on Tuesday and Cheryl pranked me by changing my desktop picture to something that shows two of my least-favorite things about the Mariners. If only the fans were doing the wave in the background, she would have had an awesome trifecta! Damn, she's funny!

We went to dinner that night at a friend's house, which was a lot of fun. Cheryl headed back to Seattle on Wednesday morning and the countdown begins again...34 days until we see each other again!

No comments: