Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire


I went and saw Slumdog Millionaire tonight. Despite the hype, I actually went in with mixed expectations because on the way to the theater, Cheryl told me a couple friends saw it and said it didn't live up to the hype. To protect the guilty, I won't mention their names because I was blown away. I absolutely loved it. I would see it again tomorrow, in a heartbeat. If you haven't seen it yet, do it ASAP. It's everything a good movie should be. It's gut-wrenching, heart-warming, thought provoking, powerful, funny, dramatic, entertaining and educational all at the same time. Even though most people think they know the ending, it still managed to be captivating and suspenseful. It's a great story, visually stimulating, the acting is fantastic and, as a bonus, Freida Pinto (shown above) is just stunning. Two thumbs way up—this movie deserves it all.

3 comments:

Caroline Chapman said...

IT WAS US!!! hahaha, we went in with super high expectations and while we agreed it was a "good movie" we weren't blown away. However, it was late and I was cranky so I might have to go see it again :) Freida Pinto is a hottie with a body, totally agree.

Trisha said...

Yes, I enjoyed Slumdog as well -- not blown away, but entertained. I think that when watching it through the lense of living here (India) it is even more facinating when you realize that what you're wathcing is not just Hollywood's special effects...but that the things in the movie are really the way people live here!!!

ConorGlassey said...

You know, Trisha, I was actually wondering if you had seen it.