Monday, February 9, 2009

Random thoughts

Random thoughts from the day, since it's been a while without an update (sorry Mom!)

• I never realized making fresh squeezed orange juice was so hard. It doesn't help that I already have a sore hand from opening my thermos, but damn that was strenuous. Better be worth it!
• That's what I'll be having for breakfast tomorrow morning. Well, that, and a yogurt parfait (organic french vanilla yogurt with granola and fresh blueberries). Cheryl told me that I bought a bunch of "stoner food" during my last grocery shopping trip. Eggo waffles, trail mix, grilled cheese Uncrustables...maybe she has a point.
• I watch way too much Jon & Kate Plus Ei8ht
• My job is freaking awesome. Now that all of our books are off to the printers, I can finally start focusing on the task at hand. I was absolutely stunned today when I looked at the clock and it was already 5 p.m. The days just fly by.
• My XBox 360 has been magically working like a charm lately (knock on wood).
• Here are a few awesome web sites I've found lately: F My Life (R-rated), This Is Why You're Fat, & JacksonPollock.org
• At work today, I found out that Scottsdale Community College's mascot is the Fighting Artichoke. That's awesome!
• Playing poker on Friday night was a lot of fun and I'd like to play recreationally more often. I know the guys at work have talked about getting a game going & I think that would be a blast.
• Jeff and I are going to see Tim Barry on the 28th.
• I've become addicted to Facebook lately. A few frustrating design gripes aside, it's not even funny how much better it is than MySpace. In fact, the only thing MySpace really has going for it is MySpace Music.
• I'm sure most of you have seen the "David After the Dentist" viral video, but if you haven't, do yourself a favor!
• The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately. I can't wait to get my new bike out here!
• Five days until Cheryl comes out to visit!!!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Now it's only 4 more days! I can't wait babe!

BTW, that "David" video has been on Talk Soup and Best Week Ever, and everytime I see it, I can't stop laughing! That poor kid...

Caroline Chapman said...

Today, I read 18 pages of fmylife.com because I'm not interesting enough to find anything else to do. FML.

Cheryl said...

Oh Baracoota. You've got to be able to read that website and say "my life is so much better than that!"