Thursday, October 9, 2008

The funniest thing that happened to me today

For the past few weeks, I've been texting back and fourth with my aunt about yogurt, of all things. See, when Cheryl and I passed through Colorado, we stayed with her and my uncle (and Jack!). In the morning, Cheryl and I were eating breakfast and my aunt asked me if I like yogurt. I told her that I do and she recommended this Greek brand that she loves, Fage.

On Sept. 13, I couldn't remember the name of the yogurt, so I texted her. Here's how our conversation has gone over the past few weeks...

Me: Hey, what's that yogurt you said was your fave?
Her: Fage I like the 0 percent fat one. I think it's 80 calories!
Me: Oh yeah, thanks!

I couldn't find it at the grocery store but, a couple weeks later, I saw it when I was out at Target one day and picked one up.

Me: You're crazy. This yogurt tastes like sour cream!
Her: Not!

The other day, back at Target, I saw the same brand, but instead of just being the plain yogurt, the little container had two sections—90 percent of it was yogurt, but there was also some honey. I decided to give it another shot and it was delicious! But it was also 250 calories. I texted her again today and this is what took place...

Me: I found Fage with honey. Waaaaay tastier. Of course it's also 250 calories. Such is life...
Her: Here's what u do. sprinkle it with splenda and add some fresh berries. I like raspberries! That makes it tastier and keeps the calories down.
Me: Good call. I'll give it a shot because it's growing on me!
Her: Can I ask you a personal question?

My mind started racing. What could she possibly want to know?!?

Me: Sure
Her: Who are you?

I lost it! I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard! My aunt had a text messaging conversation that spanned nearly a month with what was apparently A COMPLETE STRANGER!!! I texted her and then called her right away and we were both laughing too hard to even get words out for the first minute of airtime. Too good!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Who's Jack?
Who are you, anyway?

ConorGlassey said...

Jack's their super cute dog!

AMB said...

Ever since you posted this, I've been interested in expanding my yogurt horizons. Tonight I bought a couple kinds, including the honey one you liked. We just tried one by "Greek Gods" that was pomegranate flavored. It was good! It also had 17 grams of fat. Ouch! I'll let you know how I like the honey one.

AMB said...

Ok, tried the honey one. You really liked it? I thought it was kinda nasty!