Sunday, October 12, 2008

October 12, 2008

Lazy weekend

It was a real lazy weekend for me—but I knew it was going to be and I'm okay with it. On Friday after work, I went to the grocery store to stock up on some snacks because I knew I'd just be chillin' at the house all weekend. After that, I just watched some baseball, played Fantastic Contraption, played some Madden and goofed around on the Internet until 4 in the morning. That caused me to sleep in until about 3 on Saturday. When I finally got up, I headed to the mall to return some shoes. I got the shoes this summer at Nordstrom in Bellevue. I really liked them (although they were annoyingly squeaky) but they had already started to fall apart. As I expected, the Nordstrom out here didn't have them, but returning them was easy (of course!) and I found a sweet pair of Asics...



I also did some more digital shopping. Here's what I found this time around...

For Megan: some computer speakers that look like giant ear buds!



For my dad: The Dude action figure!



For Matt (or anyone else interested...): A daily calendar that has 365 different sexual positions!



I actually got a digital gift for Greg, but Cheryl said it was such a good find that it might turn into an actual gift...

After the mall yesterday, I was just hanging out when a buddy from work called and asked if I wanted to catch the rest of the game at a sports bar right by the office. I said sure and he came over a little later and picked me up. We headed up there, but only stayed 5 minutes because the place was an absolute joke. They call themselves a sports bar, but they only had four TVs and two were playing NASCAR and the other two were playing college football. Lame! we ended up coming back here to watch the rest of the game. Woo Rays!

Today I woke up at a more-reasonable 12:30, ate some cereal (Cookie Crisp) and watched a little football before heading back out to the mall. My new shoes are really skinny, so my jeans always slip underneath, which I absolutely HATE! So I went to find a new pair of jeans that isn't as loose as my current rotation. I found a great pair at Eddie Bauer. When I got home, I put them on and they still do it a little bit, but they look good and I don't think they'll do it as much. Still kind of frustrating though.

When I got back from the mall, I noticed that the house smelled a little funny. So I did the dishes tonight and nearly puked. It literally smelled like someone sat in the sink and took a dump. Husband training won't be complete until I begin to put my dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher, instead of letting them pile up in the sink...

7 comments:

kabeaner said...

You going to NC may be the best thing that ever happened to Cheryl. Dishes, shopping, cooking, and dare I say laundry? I hope you're doing your laundry.

ConorGlassey said...

I know, right? :)
Yeah I'm doing laundry. Not as much as I should though...

Kelly Keeton said...

wont be a boring weekend this weekend. and I don't believe that you actually cleaned up. what closet did you stuff it all in?

ConorGlassey said...

I didn't say I cleaned up, I said I did the dishes. I do need to clean up before you get here though...

Caroline Chapman said...

When Cheryl came over to make taco soup for us last week, we left the can of beef fat on the counter and it smelled like the dead rat from your drier. It took a few days to figure out but after I did the kitchen smelled like dead rat and vomit.

Dishes are whack.

ConorGlassey said...

Oh, I've gagged many-a-time from that smell. [shivers]

Gregy said...

Digi present...I love digi presents. I can't wait to see what it is!!!