Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8, 2008

Con(n)or Glassey: Fashion-Forward Yogurt Connoisseur...

It was a pretty good day at work. I've been doing a lot of data entry lately for the books that come out this winter, so that can be a little slow, but I was very surprised and excited to see that one of my articles is being featured on the front page of Baseball America's Web site. I'd link to it, but you have to be a subscriber to read it, so that's kind of pointless. So I was really excited to see that and I clicked on the link for the story ... and my name was spelled wrong. It's no biggie, I'm obviously used to it and it will get changed ASAP.

Remember how I said I wanted a haircut yesterday? Well, after work today I decided to drive to Target and pick up a pair of clippers. They were only $20, so if I cut my hair twice (and I'll do it way more than that), they easily pay for themselves. Paying $15 for someone else to buzz my head is just ridiculous. So I got those and I also restocked my fridge with yogurt, because Target is the only place I know of out here that sells my favorite yogurt—Yoplait Light Banana Cream Pie. I also got a few Rachel Ray yogurts and this weird Greek brand my aunt Joan recommended. I guess I'm a yogurt connoisseur...

Anyway, I got home and was delighted to see a package from my sister and parents. It was filled with all kinds of goodies—thanks guys!

After looking through that, I decided to give my new clippers a whirl. Are you supposed to wet your hair? I don't know what I did wrong, but it seemed a lot more difficult than it usually is when my mom or Cheryl do it. I've even done it myself before (back when I was roommates with Joe Harkins) and it seemed a lot harder than that time as well. I was thinking about trying out a mohawk for a while, as my ticket onto the Rays bandwagon, but I quickly scrapped that idea when I was having difficulty even buzzing the hair off the sides of my head. About halfway through, I was getting pretty worried...



I kept going and it turned out okay, I guess...



Cleaning up was easy and I hopped in the shower to get all the little hairs off me. When I got out, I realized that I had a few straggling hairs, so I grabbed the scissors that came with the kit instead of busting out the clippers again. Bad idea...



I'm calling this look "The Bear Attack." Maybe it'll start a trend. Maybe not. I think I'm wearing a hat to work tomorrow...

No comments: