Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My first run

Well, I just got back from my first "run." I use the term loosely because it was more of a walk or a panting stumble. I knew I was in trouble when I was out of breath from bending over to tie my shoes and do a little stretching. But, that's why I'm doing it in the first place! I'd say I did 25 percent running, 75 percent walking. But hey, like I said yesterday, it's a start. I planned a route using Google Maps and I ended up going about 2 miles, which took me about 40 minutes. I'm not going to increase the route until I can run the whole thing. If you're a surveyor (or you're just curious) and you want to see a map of my run, here it is...



A is my house, so I went down to B and back. There's actually an awesome trail right alongside Fayetteville. Hopefully someday I'll have the stamina to do some sort of loop so I can run on that trail. During the first half of the run, I thought it was pure hell. But now that I'm home and showered, it doesn't seem that bad. Thank goodness for my iPod and dri-fit spandex (that I wore UNDER my shorts. Don't worry, Cheryl, I'm not running around Durham in spandex and tie-dye!)

Here are a few things I thought of during the run...
• According to this, I burned 666 calories. I knew the devil was involved somehow!
• Thank God no one knows who I am or where I live because it's insane how sweaty I was so close to my house.
• I think I need a training bra.
• Even though it was 7 p.m., it was still 75 degrees out! If a gallon of milk weighs eight pounds, I think I lost two or three in sweat, spit and snot. No tears or blood though — maybe next time!

No comments: