Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 20, 2008

Nothing too exciting today ... had another fine day at work. It started out with my daily morning routine (blog post can be found here) and then looked over the layout of the article I wrote. I had to cut my article down quite a bit, but I believe the full version will appear online. We'll see...

I went to lunch with a couple guys at the office to another southern fast food place called Chick-fil-A for more chicken and sweet tea. I think Chick-fil-A is better than Bojangles. The sandwich was a lot better and they have awesome waffle fries. Plus, it's a really funny place. Because they serve chicken, they have a cow for a mascot. The cow always has a sign with horrible writing that says "Eat Mor Chikn." Also, instead of asking if you want to "super size" or "jumbo size," they ask you if you want to "fatty size" your meal. I said no.

Found someone to head out to Burlington with me on Sunday, so I've got a baseball-packed weekend, which should be fun. On Friday night, a bunch of the guys at the office are going to Zebulon to see the Mississippi Braves take on the Carolina Mudcats. The Mudcats are the double-A affiliate of the Florida Marlins, but it's the Braves' pitcher, Tommy Hanson, that we'll all be there to see. On Saturday, I think David Price is scheduled to pitch again at home for Durham, so I'll head back to the DBAP for that and then on Sunday I'm going to Burlington with another intern, Jesse, to see the Burlington Royals take on the Danville Braves.

After work I just headed home and chilled out. There was a huge storm tonight when I was out driving around for dinner, but I went and grabbed a sandwich. Cheryl got Skype set up, so after dinner I was able to video chat with her (and Madi and Livi and Gabi and Ali and Pax!) and that was awesome. Fernando, who knows what it's like to be away from your main squeeze, told me that Skype is my new best friend. I have to agree with him on that one, I think it will help a lot. Thank you technology! I watched a documentary on the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) called "This Film Is Not Rated" and that was pretty fascinating. I had no idea that the panel in charge of rating movies was so secretive — it's like the CIA. If you like movies, it's a very interesting and enlightening documentary. Of course, the documentary itself received an NC-17 rating.

I just got done watching Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh win gold and that was pretty sweet, but now I'm heading to bed.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Skype is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome getting to talk to you face to face today! Anytime anyone comes over, we'll be sure to bug you (and apparently B.A. you if we're Horia...)