Saturday, August 30, 2008

Spoiled

One thing I've noticed about Durham is that Starbucks are few and far between. I realized that might be the case when I walked into work the first day with a Venti Iced Coffee (no syrup, no room) and my editor said, "Oh good...you found the Starbucks." What? The Starbucks? Yes...the Starbucks. As in, the only one. Check this data from starbucks.com ...

Number of Starbucks within 2 miles of...
My house in Redmond: 11
My house in Durham: 0

Number of Starbucks within 5 miles of...
My house in Redmond: 33
My house in Durham: 9

Number of Starbucks within 10 miles of...
My house in Redmond: 100
My house in Durham: 22

Number of Starbucks within 20 miles of...
My house in Redmond: 308
My house in Durham: 54

Number of Starbucks within 50 miles of...
My house in Redmond: 471
My house in Durham: 65

That's insane!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

That is nuts babe. You know what else is nuts? The amount of free time you have.

ConorGlassey said...

Yeah, I need a weekend job. Perhaps at one of the 9 Starbucks nearby! :)