Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21, 2008

You guessed it — another awesome day at the office! (Click here to read today's blog post) The day just flies by, it's so crazy. I ended up staying until about 7:30 tonight because I was having a good time and wanted to keep working on a new project that I started today. Obviously it's really tough being away from Cheryl and my family and friends but, as far as jobs go, I've never been happier to be at work.

After work I went grocery shopping because I'm tired of going out to eat so much. Got a bunch of stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as some snacks and a fantasy football magazine. Then I came home, turned on the Little League World Series and cooked dinner for myself. I wanted to make macaroni and cheese, but I need to get a bigger pot, so that didn't work out. I ended up making a quesadilla and a salad. After that, I did the dishes. Read this paragraph again. That's right, I went shopping, cooked my own dinner and then did the dishes. I joked to Cheryl today that this whole 'living on my own' thing is actually good husband training!

Now I'm just relaxing, still watching the LLWS and waiting for my friends to Skype me. Going to bed right after that because I'm planning to wake up at 6 to watch Stephen Strasburg and Team USA take on Cuba in the Olympics.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I am printing and framing that paragraph to put it on my nightstand table so that you NEVER forget you said it!