Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 29, 2008

DBAPin' it!
Yesterday was awesome. I got to do a lot of writing at work (here, here, here, here & here). Yep - five different things in one day. They're keeping me busy and I love it! For the Hot Sheet, I wrote the pieces on Pedro Baez, Buster Posey & Matt Cerda.

I was also surprised to get a check yesterday. I mean, I knew I was going to get paid on a freelance basis, but I didn't know payday was yesterday, so that was a nice little surprise. I ended up working until about 6:45 when a co-worker offered me one of the company's season tickets to the Durham Bulls game. I told him that I didn't want to be a third wheel, because his girlfriend was in town for the weekend, but he insisted that it was no big deal, so I went DBAPin'! That's what they call it around the office when you go to the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The Bulls were playing the Charlotte Knights (White Sox AAA team). I missed David Price by a day, but it was still fun to head out to the ballpark. I got to see Chris Getz play for the Knights and that was cool since Getz was one of the first players I interviewed for StopTheWave.com.

After the game, David Price was signing some autographs on the concourse because he had been down behind the plate all night, charting pitches. At first I just took a picture of him with my new phone, but then decided to introduce myself. Price was another guy that I interviewed for my site, so I reminded him of that and told him that I'm out here doing an internship. He didn't really care, but he was nice about his apathy.

After the game I came home (finally figured out which exit to take to not get lost on the way home!), Skyped with Cheryl for an hour which was awesome and then downloaded some games to my phone and played Madden until 3:30. I slept in until 1 and now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do today. A movie maybe? Nikki Glaser might be in town, I might head out to Raleigh? Stay tuned...

No comments: