Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 30, 2008

I had a pretty low-key day. Woke up at 1 (who's jealous?), drove down to State Employees Credit Union to try and deposit my rent into Dickran's account, but they're only open Monday through Friday. So I got a coffee and headed home where I just chilled, played with my phone (beat the Cannon Game), played some Madden and surfed the internet (did some blogging, scroll down!). I almost made a huge trade in my fake fantasy baseball league, but couldn't pull the trigger. I know...it's absolutely thrilling to read about trades I ALMOST MADE in my FAKE FANTASY LEAGUE. Haha!

At 7, I went to the mall to go see Pineapple Express. It was really funny — better than I expected. The couple sitting next to me were blazed out of their mind, which I guess is to be expected in a movie like that, but it was really annoying because the girl talked through the whole movie. If that wasn't bad enough, her voice sounded like Fran Drescher.

After the movie I walked around the mall a little bit and got suckered into a sales spiel by a woman at the Seacret booth. Before I knew it, she was filing my nails and trying to sell me a kit for Cheryl and Mom. By simply rubbing three different sides of this little spongy rectangular file on my thumb nails, she buffed up and made them super shiny in about 10 seconds. Honestly, they look pretty cool and I was almost persuaded, but the whole thing just seemed like a scam. Pushy sales people creep me out.

Now I'm back home, admiring my shiny nails and watching UW vs. Oregon (which I can't believe is on TV here). Jake Locker played baseball this summer in the West Coast Collegiate Baseball League and my editor said he talked to scouts who believe his future is in baseball. Hard to disagree after watching a few absolutely pathetic possessions.

I was going to get an oil change this weekend, but the place I've decided to go to (based on a discount from my Durham Bulls ticket stub) is only open until 1 on Saturdays, which obviously didn't fit into my schedule this weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to go grocery shopping and try to find a bike on craigslist, but that's about it. I'm sure there will be more Madden and videos on Break.com. It's pretty lonely, especially with my roommate gone this weekend, so it's weird that, in a way, weekdays are better than weekends. That's when you really know your job is awesome! But, I need to start planning more weekend field trips because sitting around in my room for 16 hours is going to get old really fast — no matter how much I love video games, TV and the internet! I might head out to Greensboro tomorrow night for a Grasshoppers game. Then down the road, I'll shoot for visiting the Harbaughs, the North Carolina Baseball Museum, the Duke Hall of Fame, a Duke football game, walking around Chapel Hill, etc...

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

it was almost as exciting to read about your possible fantasy baseball trade as it was to always hear about them in person.

ConorGlassey said...

I miss your mock snoring!

AMB said...

Can you please expand a little bit more about the trades you almost made? :)