Saturday, August 30, 2008

When it rains, it pours

I realized something today when I was driving to the movie theater. See, it was absolutely pouring. The whole phrase, "when it rains, it pours?" I think the guy that thought of that was from Durham. It was like someone was dumping buckets of water on my car. My windshield wipers were useless and it was actually kind of scary to drive through. But, anyway, what it made me realize is that now I know why people sound disgusted when they say, "Oh, you're from Seattle? Doesn't it rain there all the time?" Because when they think of rain, they think of buckets being dumped on their car. When, actually, I can probably count on one hand the number of times it's rained that hard in Seattle in my life. This is the second time since I've been out there that I've experienced rain that hard — and it's still summer! So, it led me to do some research and I laughed when I found out the results. Check this out...

Annual rainfall (in inches) in Seattle: 37
Annual rainfall (in inches) in Durham: 48

No comments: